Whenever I open my laptop, a Windows 7 HP Mini, all I see is my desktop background with no icons, task bar, or anything. When I right click, nothing happens. The only time I see something is when I "Alt+Space", which is useless. I can't even press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. When I try to turn it off and turn it back on, it takes me back to the desktop screen, once again with no icons or anything. Any ideas of how to fix this?Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Try powering off the computer, turning it back on, but booting Windows in Safe Mode instead and see if there is a difference.

When did this start happening.. After you installed something?

It didn't make a difference at all :( This started when I was trying to uninstall Skype but it kept on freezing so I had to open task manager to close it. After constantly trying to end the task by clicking rapidly, it finally disappeared, everything with it.

I think your leptop unable to load all the data , you have need to increase the ram size .

Ok. When you have you have your windows background screen, press windows key + r. If a window pops up then, type cmd and then type in that "explorer.exe" and see if that does anything. Also from ctrl+alt+delete screen go to the task manager and see if explorer.exe is running.

how can install the window 7?

You need to buy the windows 7 installation disk.

If you can give us the actual model number of your computer there may be a way to restore the computer using the basic disk.

A few things to try in the mean time:
1. When your computer first turns on click F8 on the top of the keyboard repeatedly until the safe mode prompt comes up. Select start up repair and run automatic. Let this run and see if it fixes your computer issue.
2. If that doesn't work press the F8 key and boot to the safemode command prompt only. type chkdsk /f and hit enter, it will probably prompt you if you want to do this on next reboot. Hit "y" and enter if it does. Type exit to reboot the machine.
3. When your computer first comes up hit "ctrl" + "shift" = "esc" all at the same time and see if it brings up the task manager.

Do the following: Press CTRL+ShIFT+ESC. In the Window that appear, locate the bottom New Task. Press it. Then, write Explorer.exe and press OK. This will solve your problem!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.