Good Morning Room.
I have a Gateway GT5692. It's a gaming computer and has 3 cores. The chipset is an AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1GHz 2MB Socket AM2 Triple-Core CPU. MY QUESTION IS: Which chip do YOU recommend? I want to upgrade to a faster chip without compromising the MB? This is a Factory System. 64bit 8G DDR2 with ATI Radeon HD 3200. Which chip can I upgrade to? without damaging the Mother Board and it's components? I don't know what kind of MB is in this machine. I don't know where to look to get the specs. It's not an ASUS MB or anything like that.

I use the system for: light WP and general correspondence, e-mails and snail mail letters. It's primary use is for Music composition running Pro Tools, Reason and other Music Software. (I write music) and make killer Dance Music CD's

Download Speccy to view all your specs.

I appreciate your reply. This does the trick. Now, since it appears that I need to upgrade my Desktop, the original specs for this Gateway system is old. It's time to grow from a tripple core system AMD chip to an eight core AMD chip along with an ASUS MB from ROG. Why ROG? Aren't they the best when it comes to speed and performance? Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

~Reesee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.