I don't think this is a major problem but it is definetly annoying. I have a Wireless DSL connection and about four out of ten times whenever the phone rings, I lose connection to the Internet. The first few times it happened, it didn't bother me because I think Wireless connection stills needs to be upgraded,etc. It only started to get annoying when I was researching for a school project when the phone rang and my mother answered, being on the phone for nearly 4 hours!!! (meaning I was without the Internet for four hours when I had a project due the next day.............yes I procrastinate). My question is if there is a way for this problem to be avoided or is that just the way it is? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

it is porbably because your phone has the same transfer speed as the wireless transmitter.

Any way I can change that without damaging anything? Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a wireless ADSL modem ? AKA does the modem plug into the phone line, because if thats the case you need a ADSL line filter that you plug onto the socket that the phone plugs into (there about $20 au dicksmith, harveynormal etc.. have em).

The reason for this is the phone w/o the filter will throw noise onto the bandwith that the modem is using 4khz up (I think) and therefor force the basted to D/C

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.