You can change the amount of ram used by the video in the BIOS/Setup of the computer ,by entering the bios when you boot the computer .and making the desired change to the video section of the bios .

ok I know how to get the BIOS screen and all that but will changing the amount of RAM the video card uses cause any type of problems or for it's performance to degrade?

ok I know how to get the BIOS screen and all that but will changing the amount of RAM the video card uses cause any type of problems or for it's performance to degrade?

Yes ,the more ram the better you video will be .You should buy another 512 stick of ram and have it installed

Yes ,the more ram the better you video will be .You should buy another 512 stick of ram and have it installed

ok well i was able to order some restore disks for my other computer. is it possible to switch the RAM out of that computer into the one I'm using now??

ok well i was able to order some restore disks for my other computer. is it possible to switch the RAM out of that computer into the one I'm using now??

only if its the same type ,and i have know idea if they are the same ,as there are many different types ,and im not talking about brand name .

only if its the same type ,and i have know idea if they are the same ,as there are many different types ,and im not talking about brand name .

oh lol well to be honest i'm just glad the other PC is restored as I'm having no problems with the one I have now, i'll just have to update it's RAM. Thanks for everyone's help in this situation.

just to put a cat among the pidgeons i did a bit of research on that error message. from what i can see it seems to be something that was recently installed/uninstalled. have you put in new software recently and what microsoft updates have you added. .net 2.0can definitely balls things up.
check your event logs as far back as you can and see what was put in just before it started to go wobbly. you said your browsers were ok you can check your update history through microsoft update at the top of your all programs menu. and roll back by uninstalling those in your add/remove programs menu one by one, followed by any driver updates by going to device manager and "roll back driver" on any that were updated. you could also go back to a restore point at least a month before all problems started. if neither of those work then i would think of virus/spyware infection.
it is possibly a hardware problem but it sounds more like software to me but goldeneagle2005 gave you an accurate way to diagnose any faulty component. if it turns out to be hardware i'd suspect ram first. remove each stick in turn. if it stops crashing the bad stick is out.... Just looked above got there a bit late....didn't I

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.