My PC is using the wrong resolution when booting, i.e. when showing brand logo and windows load screen. At least i think it's the wrong resolution.
Anyway, i think it happened because i switched monitors and the display configurations got messed up. I reinstalled the drivers but that didn't seem to help. The desktop is fine by the way.

I have some bios settings to change but i can't view anything because the display is strteched out of porpotion and it's blurry. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Do you have a flat panel monitor? Is it connected through dvi or through the normal video input?

Do you have a flat panel monitor? Is it connected through dvi or through the normal video input?

i have a 17' CRT monitor connected to the normal video output running at 1280x960
i swapped with a 15' CRT (800x600), then it started to get out of focused and the contrast and brightness got messed up
so i changed it back and the symptoms transfered to the 17 (only at the boot screen)

I think that there might be something wrong with the video card.

i doubt it's that, but i'll try reinstalling the g-card's drivers anyway
thanks for the suggession, but i think this thread should go to the hardware section :)
thanks again mate

I'm pretty sure the drivers won't help. The card is displaying the screen incorectly on both monitors so it's not a software issue.

My PC is using the wrong resolution when booting, i.e. when showing brand logo and windows load screen. At least i think it's the wrong resolution.
Anyway, i think it happened because i switched monitors and the display configurations got messed up. I reinstalled the drivers but that didn't seem to help. The desktop is fine by the way.

I have some bios settings to change but i can't view anything because the display is strteched out of porpotion and it's blurry. Any ideas on how to solve this?

goto desktop properties and settings tab
then move the slider to the resolution that ur monitor supports

beware dont do if ur monitor doesnot support

the desktop resolution is fine, the boot resolution is the problem
and it's not my monitor cause i troubleshoot it with another computer and it worked fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.