Azilan 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everybody

I haven't been able to find an answer to my question anywhere on internet and since the people on this forum is very very smart I thought I'll post my question here:

It goes as follows.

Operating System: Windows XP
E-mail: Outlook 2003
Exchange server: Yes

Request: Staff of company fax or mail through IT requests/faults to an e-mail address allocated to the IT Service Desk (Helpdesk). Whoever is in charge of monitoring the e-mail account for the day will log onto this e-mail address and then send these incoming e-mails to the various Service Desk agents to log a call for the respective staff on the system and to advise them of the reference number.

I was approached by the manager with a request for a way to track the logging of calls on e-mail, but it must be something that will be easy to implement and will cost no money etc. etc.

Suggested making use of the task function in Outlook 2003 since it is easy to send an incoming mail to the task folder and then assign it to an agent. The manager and team leader is happy with it.

The only problem is as follows:

They would like to have an due time added to the due date function - an agent have 2 hours in which to log the call and mail it through to the staff member.

When the agent put the task on complete status, but he/she missed the due time it must be indicated as a different color in the taskbox of the agent's mailbox and the taskbox of the the Call Centre Mailbox. Currently it only shows red while such an overdue task is still active.

The agents mustn't be able to change the due time.

Any advise/request or leads on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.