Hi!
Can you please help me with this problem?

"C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~2\update\optimi~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:0051 IP:02f2 OP:63 6d 3d 43 3a"
ThanX!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I could be wrong, but that looks suspiciously like the work of a malicious infection.

Can you give us more detail on the problem:

- When exactly does this message come up?

- When did it start happening?

- Had you done any software installations/uninstalls/upgrades at around the time you first got the error?

If you can use Windows at all, open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and navigate to your C:\Program Files folder. Look inside any folders there whose names begin with INTERN for a subfolder named "update" and tell us the full and exact names of the files in that folder.

It seems that I have a file missing, (it happend 2 weeks ago, I think) and I tried to recover it using Norton, then using windows "system restore" but it was usefull. The file is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe" cannot access a necessary file,"mscoree.dll."". That's it.
Also the file "progra\intern\update...." that you've told me about, is impossible to find. Thanks.

1. Open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".

Now look for a folder named C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer. Does that folder exist on your computer?

2. For the "mscorre" error, see if this helps:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108178

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.