Can you please help me with this problem?
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:0051 IP:02f2 OP:63 6d 3d 43 3a"
I could be wrong, but that looks suspiciously like the work of a malicious infection.
Can you give us more detail on the problem:
- When exactly does this message come up?
- When did it start happening?
- Had you done any software installations/uninstalls/upgrades at around the time you first got the error?
If you can use Windows at all, open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and navigate to your C:\Program Files folder. Look inside any folders there whose names begin with INTERN for a subfolder named "update" and tell us the full and exact names of the files in that folder.
It seems that I have a file missing, (it happend 2 weeks ago, I think) and I tried to recover it using Norton, then using windows "system restore" but it was usefull. The file is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe" cannot access a necessary file,"mscoree.dll."". That's it.
Also the file "progra\intern\update...." that you've told me about, is impossible to find. Thanks.
1. Open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".
Now look for a folder named C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer. Does that folder exist on your computer?
2. For the "mscorre" error, see if this helps: