Some thing happened to a machine of mine running Windows 2003 Server and now when I press Ctrl-Alt_Del, Task Manager some up, but does not have any of the interface controls on it. The active applications, except Task Manager itself show up, but there is no way to close this "simplified" Task Manager without rebooting....
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kaminari

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

When I first got Windows 2000, this happened to me. It pissed me off for weeks until I realized how easy it was to fix. At any edge of the window, just double click. Double click again to bring it back to this "condensed" state. Believe it or not, it's supposed to be a feature ;)

CSCGal,
That makes me feel pretty embarassed as I have been programming for years and couldn't figure it out. I must have inadvertently double clicked it.
Thanks for the tip. That makes me feel a lot better after I had scanned and rescanned my system to make sure that I did not a have a virus or something.
I hope to return the favor someday.
Kaminari

commented: Thanks for the kudos +36

Thanks from me too, Task Manager haviing no Title Bar! Two weeks:)
-footworksdance

When I first got Windows 2000, this happened to me. It pissed me off for weeks until I realized how easy it was to fix. At any edge of the window, just double click. Double click again to bring it back to this "condensed" state. Believe it or not, it's supposed to be a feature ;)

Dude, what a newbie move....Thanks CSCgirl

Thanks, it worked. I need WTM to horse my system up from a cold start due to an ATI Multimedia Manager problem.

Marking thread as solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.