I recently purchased a new Sony Vaio computer and it came with tons of software that I don't want or use. My question is how can I safely remove all these programs? I made a recovery disk and was considering wiping my hard drive and starting all over, but I am not sure that when I reinstall the same programs will come along with the process. I emailed Sony and the automated reader gave me a generic response that did not answer any questions. I really would like to start from scratch and only have what I want on my computer. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Spence

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

control panel,add/remove programs .!

Did you get a "Recovery CD" set, or did you actually get a set of discs that included the OS and the applications that came on the system?

If you got the Recovery CDs, you won't really be able to wipe the system and reinstall-- you'll only be able to wipe the system and restore the computer to factory state. If you got the other types of CDs, it could just be a matter of putting in the Windows XP disc, blowing away the system, and reinstalling applications.

My sister has this bundled computer from sony using a msi pm8m-v-7104 MB version 1.0. It has a sata HD in it but I don't see it in the bios and when I try to reinstall windows xp it says it cant find a hd to install to, she has no cd's that I assume came with the system. Any suggesions I would be greatful.

My sister has this bundled computer from sony using a msi pm8m-v-7104 MB version 1.0. It has a sata HD in it but I don't see it in the bios and when I try to reinstall windows xp it says it cant find a hd to install to, she has no cd's that I assume came with the system. Any suggesions I would be greatful.

Do you realize you posted in a 5 year old thread.
Start your own thread for better assistance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.