Hi there,new here so please bear with me,I have a problem in that after replacing a faulty cd rom windows will not boot up,what I get on booting is a message saying one of your drives needs checking for consistency,I let it check and the message comes back no errors found,after trying everything I know,and cheking and reseating all connections inside the computer with no improvement,I put in the Reload/backup Cd and Norton Ghost did its thing,after about 25 minutes I get the message to press any key to reboot,and windows does indeed look like its going to boot up but after a few seconds the progress indicator hesitates,then starts and it goes to a black screen and there is nothing more,not even after leaving it for 50 minutes in the hope that something might happen....I have run memtest and that comes back with no errors,so now Im stuck ...and would appreciate any help you could give me :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi there,new here so please bear with me,I have a problem in that after replacing a faulty cd rom windows will not boot up,what I get on booting is a message saying one of your drives needs checking for consistency,I let it check and the message comes back no errors found,after trying everything I know,and cheking and reseating all connections inside the computer with no improvement,I put in the Reload/backup Cd and Norton Ghost did its thing,after about 25 minutes I get the message to press any key to reboot,and windows does indeed look like its going to boot up but after a few seconds the progress indicator hesitates,then starts and it goes to a black screen and there is nothing more,not even after leaving it for 50 minutes in the hope that something might happen....I have run memtest and that comes back with no errors,so now Im stuck ...and would appreciate any help you could give me :confused:

did you try removing the new cdrom !!

Moved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.