Hi all
I just installed win XP on an IBM T-20 thinkpad my wife wants to use as a portable DVD player. If I try to play a movie I get a messge that I may need to decrease the resolution. I set it as low as possible but it still won't play? I'm using Nero 6 and Media player, Neither works? The comp has 384MB physical memory Can anyone help???
Thanx...Mark

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If I try to play a movie I get a messge that I may need to decrease the resolution. I set it as low as possible but it still won't play?

That's a rather "odd" error message, but setting it to the lowest resolution probably won't work either. Can you post what resolution you had it set to originally? You may want to fool around with it (try different values and see if they work or not).

Does the laptop acctually have a DVD drive installed in it. If it does then you might want to try installing some DVD playing software rather then just using your standard media player. The other option is downloading and installing a codec pack called combined comunity codec pack and seeing if it will work then.

I agree with lasher511....you might want to try downloading some more players...like RealPlayer...because the problem may be that you don't have the right file for WMP or Nero 6.

lol_hacker101

I also agree with lasher511. Download either the DivX or XviD codecs. I think that DivX comes with its own DVD movie player. Get it at http://www.divx.com/.

yay people agree with me i feel special

i get this on my really old pc. Wont play dvds on less than like 640x480 which is shit cos it has like a 1mb graphcs card

ive got divx codecs and and my media player works fine unless i put the dvd in the it stops responding, i have vista as well, but it used to play and work fine, now it doesnt n e one kno wats up

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.