:rolleyes: Hi Everyone!
New to this forum and have run into a new problem for me. Starting yesterday my OE6 has started freezing up when I try to open and or delete some of my mail. It seems to be a random thing. 90+ % open fine. I've tried going to Windows update and everything is up to date. The things that don't open seem to all be subscription stuff (ie joke pages, cartoons, etc). It freezes if I try to open them and/or delete them.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thank's
morgansean

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

XP64 ? I don't think there is such a product. I run XP on a 64-bit processor if that's what you mean. Or do you mean Vista, the next Microsoft 64-bit version of windows, and its still in beta testing so I would expect it to have bugs.

XP64 ? I don't think there is such a product. I run XP on a 64-bit processor if that's what you mean. Or do you mean Vista, the next Microsoft 64-bit version of windows, and its still in beta testing so I would expect it to have bugs.

Hi
Yes, there is Windows XP Pro x64 and it's what I run. My system is an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4200+ Processor w/ 1 gig of memory. Vista is the next 32bit Windows version in beta testing. I'm still having this problem. Any Ideas out there?

Hmm, does the same problem occur when ya access hte mail from somewhere other then OE?

Hmm, does the same problem occur when ya access hte mail from somewhere other then OE?

I only use OE for POP 3 email from my ISP. Never had this problem w/ my yahoo account. It's a strange and very random thing. I can't open, move to any folder or delete some items. I now have 15-20 in this state. Ideas?

I only use OE for POP 3 email from my ISP. Never had this problem w/ my yahoo account. It's a strange and very random thing. I can't open, move to any folder or delete some items. I now have 15-20 in this state. Ideas?

Acient Dragon:
There definitely is a WinXPx64 and it's the lowest priced 64-bit OS from MS. You can get a 6-month trial at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/facts/trial.mspx

morgensean: Did you get this solved? I too have troubles with XPx64 and OE. I cannot connect to my aim.com mailbox. I keep getting the error "XOAL-UAS-MB authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server are supported on this computer." Any ideas anyone?

"XOAL-UAS-MB authentication failed." This typically means that the authentication settings arn't set correctly. For the record, XP 64bit wasn't as popular a few months back (when this was created), it has just really started to take off in the recent months.

What settings do you have for the e-mail connection in terms of authentication?

I'm showing that my personal server (and OE on XPx64) work fine with 'POP Before SMTP'.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.