Hi

I use and old DOS program and the only one way to get its results out is using ALT-prtscr and then pasting the image into photopaint. It worked well until I moved "up" to XP. The program creates its own image screen (not windowed). Even ALT-enter doesn't work any more and I can't "upgrade"
the program... (I can only downgrade windows :) ).
Any hint ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you know what language the program was created in? I remember a thread posted awhile back here about how QBASIC is completely incompatible with WinXP although it will run on Win2000. The problem the user had was trying to print.

Hi
I'm guessing its written in FORTRAN while the screen output is probably in assembler. I saw the Qbasic question.. I'm guessing that while in screen output the XP is disabled (?) and nothing else works except alt-tab. But if this works why shouldn't other programs in background not work? like a screen capture.. (besides, screencapture from corel-draw doesn't work either)

Do you know what language the program was created in? I remember a thread posted awhile back here about how QBASIC is completely incompatible with WinXP although it will run on Win2000. The problem the user had was trying to print.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.