Hello,
As you can see by the name....i'm completely new to pc administration.
Can you help.....? When I log off 3 programs need to be shut down by the 'end now' button (nscntrl.exe, msdmxm.exe and ctfmon.exe).
Can i fix these as i think they are causing the problems i'm experiencing when browsing and simply flicking for file to file on my HD. When everything is up and running I open up task manager and svchost.exe SYSTEM is running at 98% CPU usage. Please help as i've tried adaware 6 and deleted all the stuff that comes up with, but to no avail.

Rgds, Nick :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ctfmon.exe info <- This is a valid MS Office component, although not critical

nscntrl.exe info <- This is component of a trojan!!

msdmxm.exe <- From what I've read, an "adult services" dialer; it should go

Please read through the posts in our Security forum for information on detection and removal of trojans, spyware, etc.
If you find that you have been infected and need further help, please start a new thread in the Security forum. Include as much info as possible concerning what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, as well as any helpful info you've gotten from any detection and removal utilities you've run.

commented: You're a helping MACHINE! ;) +30

thanks DMR....nice quote by the way.
:Dnscntrl.exe info <- This is component of a trojan!!

msdmxm.exe <- From what I've read, an "adult services" dialer; it should go

Please read through the posts in our Security forum for information on detection and removal of trojans, spyware, etc.
If you find that you have been infected and need further help, please start a new thread in the Security forum. Include as much info as possible concerning what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, as well as any helpful info you've gotten from any detection and removal utilities you've run.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.