Hi, I have a computer with a Pentium 3 1.0 GHz Processor inside plus all the stock items too, apart from a NVidia GFX 5500 Graphics card, installed myself. Now, the good news is that the PC isn't connected to any outside connection, so anything on there I checked myself and used AVG Free to scan it with.Also I got the PC for free, but it is a backup computer incase the other goes down.
Now, the bad news is that of late, I have been getting messages when I close programs that say something along the lines of "Explorer (as in Windows Explorer - NOT Internet Explorer) has caused a fault in the page script Kernel Module" - or something similar. When it asks to close, it then closes other programs such as WinAmp modules, NVidia Modules and others.Each time it will crash new programs.
My friend says that I may have to reinstall Windows 98SE, but I don't think That I have the boot disk, as the PC was built by a company that speciales in building cheap PC's for Students (Microlink, Southampton, England). Unfortuanetly, because the Pc is about 5 or 6 years old now, the warrenty is over and they say that they can't even offer advice.
Please help because I really need this computer for some really important work stored on it. Will I need to install Win 98SE, or is there a Kernel fixer that can help without erasing all my work?
ANY help would be appreciated, thanks, Adam

P.S. Can I get the same computer to accept USB Memory Sticks, or does Win 98 not recognise them?

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FES

You might try this. It worked for me.
Click Start / Run and type in scanreg /fix
Let it scanreg run and when complete, shut down computer.
Wait a couple of minutes and turn computer back on.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.