Hi,
I have found a thread (43284) that is the identical problem that I am having with Windows XP and NETGEAR USB 2.0 Adapter WG111.
However having reread the thread a few times and searched with all the keywords I can think of!!! I do not know how to uninstall NETGEAR software and just leave the USB drivers, so that I can use WINXP to configure my wireless connection.

Please help this dumb blonde!!
CalamityJane

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

can't u go to control panel and remove program from there

If I remove the netgear software from control panel, everything disappears, I want to be left behind with the USB driver for the adapter and nothing else. This is what the guy in thread 43284 did but I dont know how he did it!!

i know wifi devices are notorious i got a £17 belkin wifi card and it bluescreened my system (even with thier updated driver) - in the end i went to the chipset manufacturers website (ralink in my case) and used thier driver, and it works no probs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.