I know this is probably the dumbest thing that you guys have ever heard of, but I cannot install Vista Ultimate 64. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and it won't allow me to boot from the DVD I burned with the .iso on it.
What are the steps I need to take to install Windows Vista? Do I have to make a new partition on my HD? Walk me through as you would a 6 year old, if you please
:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you do realise you dont just put the .iso on the disk as if it was a file do you?

you need to burn it as an image

To clarify what Prolient fan said, you need to use an image burning software. Myself, I use Alcohol 120%, and would definitely reccomend it.

But like he said, you can't just burn the *.iso onto a disc; instead, you need to make an image CD.

I know this is probably the dumbest thing that you guys have ever heard of

Naah, I've seen worse. ;)

If ya have any more questions, just post back.

i use DeepBurner for isos (free) but i dont know about the vista one as its a wierd dual layer image i think

I burned the x86 version with no problem. it didn't require any dual layer or anything. it just worked. though, i used nero.

Did you check your boot sequence in the BIOS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.