Morning Folks,

my work pc is networked up and all access is controlled by a main active directory users account. This morning so far my account has been locked out 5 times with no reason as far as i can see. Is there a way i can check to see if someone else on the network is trying to use my password, or if there might be another reason??

Thanks a lot,

gn0m3

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Check the integrity of the security logs.

I.e log on as administrator, control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, security

it points to a user who uses a Mac, i have been through all her proxy settings and network config but cannot find any reference to me? any more ideas?

Morning Folks,

my work pc is networked up and all access is controlled by a main active directory users account. This morning so far my account has been locked out 5 times with no reason as far as i can see. Is there a way i can check to see if someone else on the network is trying to use my password, or if there might be another reason??

Thanks a lot,

gn0m3

Get EventcombMT free from microsoft & run it on your domain controller searching for locked out accounts. it will tell you what machine is locking out the accont

If they have a virtual machine and are using the same user name on the virtual machine as the one in active directory, that is a problem.

Zindagi Na milegi Dubara

Check to ensure that Adobe and Java updaters aren't to blame; they tend to cache credentials.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.