Morning Folks,

my work pc is networked up and all access is controlled by a main active directory users account. This morning so far my account has been locked out 5 times with no reason as far as i can see. Is there a way i can check to see if someone else on the network is trying to use my password, or if there might be another reason??

Thanks a lot,

gn0m3

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by leknowlton

Check the integrity of the security logs.

I.e log on as administrator, control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, security

it points to a user who uses a Mac, i have been through all her proxy settings and network config but cannot find any reference to me? any more ideas?

Morning Folks,

my work pc is networked up and all access is controlled by a main active directory users account. This morning so far my account has been locked out 5 times with no reason as far as i can see. Is there a way i can check to see if someone else on the network is trying to use my password, or if there might be another reason??

Thanks a lot,

gn0m3

Get EventcombMT free from microsoft & run it on your domain controller searching for locked out accounts. it will tell you what machine is locking out the accont

If they have a virtual machine and are using the same user name on the virtual machine as the one in active directory, that is a problem.

Check to ensure that Adobe and Java updaters aren't to blame; they tend to cache credentials.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.