When playing music on my PC, either on the CD, WAV, or MP3 they play too fast!
The system is Win 2000 v5 SP3. Does anyone know if it is possible to reduce the playback speed??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i was in d same boat as ya. but then i found d answer somewhere else on web. what u have to do is update ur driver for ur audio device. Follow these instructions:
To do so go to control panel, Sounds and multimedia, hardware, choose your audio Device, properties, click on Driver and finally Update Driver. So a Update Device Driver wizard should launch.
Click next and "Search for a suitable ..."
Click next and check only "Microsoft windows update".

This should sort it out!!!!

i was in d same boat as ya. but then i found d answer somewhere else on web. what u have to do is update ur driver for ur audio device. Follow these instructions:
To do so go to control panel, Sounds and multimedia, hardware, choose your audio Device, properties, click on Driver and finally Update Driver. So a Update Device Driver wizard should launch.
Click next and "Search for a suitable ..."
Click next and check only "Microsoft windows update".

This should sort it out!!!!

Spot on man!!!

Sometimes the windows 'update driver' function doesn't seem to find the latest drivers (for example for Realtek AC'97), so it's still worth looking manually on the relevant driver owner's site. Just google the name of the driver.
This worked for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.