I have had a problem with my internet conection for a while now. IE7 and yahoo will not connect to the internet. However Mozila will. IE7 was first to go and had to have a friend send me Mozila thru Yahoo messenger. A while later Yahoo messenger stops working as well. Mozilla is fine. Other programs dont work as well. I have windows XP. It all works fine when i start in safe mode with network. Anyone else have a similar problem or knows how to fix it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Click on START, CONTROL PANEL, WINDOWS FIREWALL. Make sure it's ON. Then click on EXCEPTIONS tab and make sure that INTERNET EXPLORER and YAHOO are checked. If not in the list, click on ADD PROGRAM and just select them from the list and add them and make sure they're checked. Then just click OK and reboot. Then after booting, try using them. If still no connection, post your findings.

I am having the same trouble with Netscape. It began just after MS downloaded an upgrade.

Click on START, CONTROL PANEL, WINDOWS FIREWALL. Make sure it's ON. Then click on EXCEPTIONS tab and make sure that INTERNET EXPLORER and YAHOO are checked. If not in the list, click on ADD PROGRAM and just select them from the list and add them and make sure they're checked. Then just click OK and reboot. Then after booting, try using them. If still no connection, post your findings.

Thanks Joshua - did what you said - seems ok now. Puzzling what caused it though. Tez

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.