I have a Vaio PCG-R505DL laptop. When I insert a cd, or dvd it rarely plays. Most of the time it doesn't even recognize there is a disk in. Obviously I can't burn cd's either. I get an error asking me to insert a blank disk in the drive. I had originally thought the problem was with the hardware and replaced the docking station. It's still doing the same thing. Is there anything that can be done?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi alysha. it seems to be your CD-RW lens are dirty, so try to clean them. there are special cleaning disks with there help you can do this.

I have a Vaio PCG-R505DL laptop. When I insert a cd, or dvd it rarely plays. Most of the time it doesn't even recognize there is a disk in. Obviously I can't burn cd's either. I get an error asking me to insert a blank disk in the drive. I had originally thought the problem was with the hardware and replaced the docking station. It's still doing the same thing. Is there anything that can be done?

By replacing the dock,does that mean that you have a new dvd/cdrom drive .or just a new dock.is the dock new or just new to you .[used]

I cleaned the lens with the with one of those disks and it's still not functioning properly. I appreciate the advice, thanks. The new cd rw/dvd drive is in the docking station which is brand new. I got a whole new one because the old dockings stations hard disk drive was infultrated with play-doh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.