I've just installed Windows 2003 Server Standard on a home network (upgraded from XP Pro), I have also installed Direct x9b as it was required for some particular software I use. I also use the pc for a lot of digital video etc. so had to enable 'hardware acceleration' and the appropriate options in direct x (i.e. direct show). My problem is now when I playback any mpeg, whether vcd, svcd or dvd they play either red, blue or green or if I'm lucky a funky sort of 60's style! If I disable 'hardware acceleration' the colours are correct but I have to run it in a tiny window as it plays jerky full screen. Due to what I'm using the pc for I need 2003 Server installed and I also need this pc for my digital video. I am running the very latest nvidia drivers also.

Windows 2003 Server Standard
Athlon XP 1700+
1gb sdr
NVIDIA GeForce MX 440 with AGP8X (ABIT Siluro GF4 MX-8X)

To view the problem I'm getting >>>>
For a DXDIAG readout >>>>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ().

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Unless you were using this for server reasosn what was the reason to upgrade it to 2003?

enable full hardware execel, and update your video drivers

i have had this problem in the past and usualy found it was cos the player i was using was using the wrong codec i notice that ou have dvx codecs on ya comp some of them allow you to play the files but are just not right try downloading nimo codec pack 5 build 7 and install everything bar player and skins i never seem to have any trouble with playing files anymore the later buils seem to have issues but this build seems ok

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.