hi everybody, just needed to ask this: I have an older pc with a newer agp graphics card. It plays games relatively fast. I got a new computer for christmas and it has a pci-e card slot with an onboard(256 mb nvidia geforce 6100) that dosent run anywhere near 256mb. Is there ANYTHING THAT I CAN USE (That is cheap of course ;) ) to convert the agp into pci-e, this can include any adapters, or changes.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Not that I know of, the equivalent in hardware like vid-cards are cheaper for PCI-e than for AGP. So you can probably sell you ragp card and have enough to buy th esame card for pci-e brand new. Go to newegg .com and comapre, you'll see what I mean.

ya i know but im not sure where a good authorized dealer for selling agp cards to is. I live in tampa any suggestions for places to go would be helpful.

ya i know but im not sure where a good authorized dealer for selling agp cards to is. I live in tampa any suggestions for places to go would be helpful.

*EBAY* ;)

its slow as your "256mb" onboard card is actually 8mb and steals the rest from system RAM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.