Hi All

I have a problem with windows Installer trying to install something. Everytime I boot up it pops up when the windows screen is loaded. It says preparing to install then the blue bar gets to about 90% and then it disappears only to try again later. It seems completely random. The only times I can be sure it will happen is when I boot up. How do I get rid of this and how do I find out what its tring to install?
I have recently istalled a new PCI audio card but that installed successfully from the disc that came with it. When I ask windows to search for new hardware it does come up with the PCI card and when I select it from the list it says there is a problem with the driver (code 28) but then goes on to install from the disc successfully but when you re-boot the porblem is still there!
I have run Hijackthis and will post that log seperately. Has anyone any ideas as it's been driving me insane for weeks now.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FatCamel

Go into device manager & see if any of the hardware has a question mark next to it.
You might also want to try to uninstall the pci card, then reinstall it. Try to update the drivers on the net too.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.