My OS had been giving me some problems. So I tried to repair/reinstall it. but when i tried to boot from the cd and tried to repair it it took me to the recovery console and their asked me to enter Administrator paasword. I had never set an Administrator pass. before. Only my own account was pass. protected and tried that pass but didnt work, so then i decided to reinstall OS but deleted all the old files and then copied them again from the CD and then it booted into safemode and before the windows even start up in the safemode it gives me an error " Windows XP setup cannot run under safemode. Setup will restart now. So now it keeps on rebooting and gives me the same msg. everytime. I tried tapping F8 and tried to boot into normal mode but it keeps on taking me to the safemode.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The quick way would be to use a utility like WipeDrive to wipe the hdd and then format and partition the hdd and reinstall the OS.

won't i need to be able login in the computer? windows does not even start. its in a loop of running the setup when i turn it on and then giving the same msg every time. i even tried running the DOS prompt in safemode. but gives me same error that Windows XP setup cannot run under safemode. Setup will restart now.

ok i got it running. I had to clear the harddisk and reformat it to finally get it running. Thnks for ur response DCC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.