I have really hard times with my winxp recently. Time to time (sometimes, immediatelly after start) exporer stucks. Main syndrome is that, only thing which is working is ctrl+alt+del, which brings up task manager, but you cannot click anything. Next thing whis is working are windows shortcus eg. WIN+D will show desktop, WIN+L will lock comp (then you can click icon and you are there where you were before -> stucked explorer). I'm suffering, i have reinstalled my win week ago, but same situation starts occuring after one week. I have no spyware/virus, this same hardware and windows were working without trouble whole year untill now.

Any ideas?? :X

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm suffering, i have reinstalled my win week ago, but same situation starts occuring after one week. I have no spyware/virus, Any ideas?? :X

How did you install windows XP......did you format and clean install?

Or did you install over the top? (ie repair install or other)

:cool:

How did you install windows XP......did you format and clean install?

Or did you install over the top? (ie repair install or other)

:cool:

Sure I have formatted whole partition ;-) But it also doesn't matter because problems apperead already on previous installation. New installation was only try to fix problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.