When I run the installer for Safari 3 (Vista), it gives me an error (screenshot).

Anyone wanna help?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What version of vista do you have?
Are you logged in as an adminsitrator?

Try downloading safari again. Maybe it is damaged.

Also try installing in xp compatibility mode

I have:

Vista Home Premium
My "Alex" account has administrative privileges
I have redownloaded Safari a bunch of times
I'll try compatibility mode...
EDIT: Didn't work. I have no idea what's wrong, and I don't feel like contacting Apple (because of what happened when I tried contacting them about iTunes......).

Any other ideas?

Error 2738 is an error relating to VBScript being disabled or not installed. A quick Google reveals some folk have had problems with it during QuickTime/iTunes installs and points to an Apple support doc here for help.

Basically suggesting you ensure it is enabled/installed and if still having problems install the latest VBScript engine for Windows.

FWIW I installed the Safari Beta on Vista without hassle, so it is not an inherent problem with the Safari installer.

How can I enable VBScript under Vista? I've never had experience there...

I tried disabling "UAC" to make it work without any luck (I did reboot). How else can I try to enable VBS?

What version of vista do you have?

Vista Home Premium. I already said that in my first post...

Never mind, got it installed. I went up to my moms house and ran the installer again and it worked somehow...

Thanks though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.