Hello,
I'm running on Windows XP SP2 and have been getting BSODs quite frequently lately.
The problem seems to occur randomly, sometimes even right after i get into windows, but I've noticed that it seems to occur the most when I'm running more than one type of program at once.
Here are the two errors:
The first one doesn't have any description but has the following:
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x87071020, 0x87071194, 0x805D11F8)

The second one has KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR written:
0x00000077 (0xC0000185, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x025A4000)

I've tried using system restore however, it does not resolve the problem.
I've run Spybot and AVG antivirus but both turned up with nothing.
I've run hard drive diagnostics and memtest for RAM with nothing.
The only reason I can come up with is that I recently installed a PCI network adapter in the computer and BSODs started getting more frequent after that.
I will reformat in a few days but I am afraid that the issue is not software related but hardware related.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.

P.S. I remember running a registry cleaner maybe 4 to 5 months ago but I doubt that would be of any importance.

TechExpress Link: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=CTWEHWTLW1VSRPLW

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The blue screen has to mainly do with hard-ware conflicts....in more severe cases, i think it can also it's a case of a faulty mother board. Additionally, the blue screen can be caused by; faulty memory, a corrupt Registry, or incompatible DLLs. There are softwares out there that can be used to diagnose the prob mentioned above it it's the registry.
Regards.

The blue screen has to mainly do with hard-ware conflicts....in more severe cases, i think it can also it's a case of a faulty mother board. Additionally, the blue screen can be caused by; faulty memory, a corrupt Registry, or incompatible DLLs. There are softwares out there that can be used to diagnose the prob mentioned above it it's the registry.
Regards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.