When I got on some websites, there are several red "X" in boxes. When pointing mouse on it, it shows what the area is, but I am unable to click on it to enter that area. This doesn't happen on every website, but quite often. I hope I am explaining this well enough to be understood. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

I have Windows XP and IE 7.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gail

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

That are image files or animations or may be a flash ActiveX content. They will be blocked if your browser settings is changed. To verify go to the Internet options by right click on IE icon and select the properties> go to tab 'advanced' and check the category 'Multimedia'.
Mark the animations, show the picture, video on page..if they are unchecked.

Let me know what happens then..

That are image files or animations or may be a flash ActiveX content. They will be blocked if your browser settings is changed. To verify go to the Internet options by right click on IE icon and select the properties> go to tab 'advanced' and check the category 'Multimedia'.
Mark the animations, show the picture, video on page..if they are unchecked.

Let me know what happens then..

The animations and pictures boxes were checked. The show image download placeholders wasn't checked so I checked it. All boxes under "Multimedia are now checked. Still have the same problem. What should be checked for active x content?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.

Gail

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

hmmm...try to disable the add-ons may be they are causing any conflictions or remove any toolbar if you have installed in browser. To disable the add-ons open IE and go to 'Tools' click on 'Manage add-ons' and select the 'add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer' now it shows the list of add-ons and disable any non-usable like DHTML support,HTML editor support, Flash ActiveX or any third party add-on.

Try it what happens then..

Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.