Hi,
I'm trying to change administrator password from limited account which i didn't know that.
is there any possible way?

Recommended Answers

Why do you need to change an admins password from a limited account? It sounds kind of suspicious.

Jump to Post

You can try this but it might only work if you are admin, open command prompt, type in net user (username) *. it will then ask for a new password. type in the new one and it will change it.

Jump to Post

hi, im new and ive been looking around on google on how to do this, well i just tried this method and its not working for me, this is what it tells me:

[IMG]

Jump to Post

All 10 Replies

isn't there any app or hints?!

Why do you need to change an admins password from a limited account? It sounds kind of suspicious.

Well, I have installed Windows XP on my PC, i usually use limited accounts, and i change my administrator password few weeks ago, but i cant remember it.

So i asked whether i can change my password or not!

You can try this but it might only work if you are admin, open command prompt, type in net user (username) *. it will then ask for a new password. type in the new one and it will change it.

hi, im new and ive been looking around on google on how to do this, well i just tried this method and its not working for me, this is what it tells me:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2nw019x.jpg[/IMG]

if it helps, i have windows 2000 xp

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2nw019x.jpg[/IMG]

if it helps, i have windows 2000 xp

It has to be all in one line.

Dear Farzad,
pls try following.
first check what is the date of windows installation.
if u remember try as follows.
boot PC with Win98 bootable floopy or CD (Partition must be FAT32)
go to c:\windows\system32\config and locate SAM file. and check the date. it must show the date at which you change the password.
now check c:\windows\repair and search for SAM file. it must show the date older than the earlier SAM file. if you find pls replace c:\windows\system32\config\SAM with c:\windows\repair\SAM. all the password and users information will reset and if u know old password of administrator you can login with administrator credentials.

you have got it all wrong you type net user username *
eg: net user sohaib *
after that it sholud say enter password 2 times
only works with CMD

I HOPE THIS HELPS

<snip> live CD has worked for me in the past

Edited by Moderator. No password cracking information allowed.

How come I can not type in a new password?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.