Hi,
I'm trying to change administrator password from limited account which i didn't know that.
is there any possible way?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

isn't there any app or hints?!

Why do you need to change an admins password from a limited account? It sounds kind of suspicious.

Why do you need to change an admins password from a limited account? It sounds kind of suspicious.

Well, I have installed Windows XP on my PC, i usually use limited accounts, and i change my administrator password few weeks ago, but i cant remember it.

So i asked whether i can change my password or not!

You can try this but it might only work if you are admin, open command prompt, type in net user (username) *. it will then ask for a new password. type in the new one and it will change it.

hi, im new and ive been looking around on google on how to do this, well i just tried this method and its not working for me, this is what it tells me:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2nw019x.jpg[/IMG]

if it helps, i have windows 2000 xp

hi, im new and ive been looking around on google on how to do this, well i just tried this method and its not working for me, this is what it tells me:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2nw019x.jpg[/IMG]

if it helps, i have windows 2000 xp

It has to be all in one line.

Dear Farzad,
pls try following.
first check what is the date of windows installation.
if u remember try as follows.
boot PC with Win98 bootable floopy or CD (Partition must be FAT32)
go to c:\windows\system32\config and locate SAM file. and check the date. it must show the date at which you change the password.
now check c:\windows\repair and search for SAM file. it must show the date older than the earlier SAM file. if you find pls replace c:\windows\system32\config\SAM with c:\windows\repair\SAM. all the password and users information will reset and if u know old password of administrator you can login with administrator credentials.

you have got it all wrong you type net user username *
eg: net user sohaib *
after that it sholud say enter password 2 times
only works with CMD

I HOPE THIS HELPS

<snip> live CD has worked for me in the past

Edited by Moderator. No password cracking information allowed.

How come I can not type in a new password?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.