my boyfriend gave me a jused hp laptop and said that i must remove vista to juse it. i removed it and some the ram on the laptop is missing before i removed vista tere was 2gb ram and no there are only 340mb left of the ram, what can i do to get it back?

You've removed vista? Where exactly do you 340mb at?

some of the ram on the laptop disapeard, but we cant fin out why it happend. pliz help

we had to remove it because they didnt remember the starting password. but now we have a bigger trouble with the ram on it

Removed it to reset a password?

Thats odd but, even if it got rid of the password
It would not be stored on the ram. ReInstall the ram.

but how i dont have yhe cds to reinstall the programs or anything on it. can i get it from the bios? i hope so because my acer one is with vista and its a very bad laptop. i prefer to juse hp. i hope i can get anthing i need from the bios.

Either Request the CDs and software from the place of purchase or directly from the manufacturer. The CD is included on the hard drive that you formatted.

The bios just sets basic settings nothing you need is
in there. Also it is not suggested to mess around with the default settings

but i dont know if he have got the cds. i can try to go in to a shop were they sell hp and ask if they can order the cds, but i can ask the guy first. but i still dosent understand why it dissepeared..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.