have two accounts for my XP Pro: NAME (admin) and an ADMINISTRATOR (admin). I want to either change the ADMINISTRATOR name to something else like USER or be able to delete that account and make a new one. The problem I am having is that when I go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change An Account>ADMINISTRATOR the only options that are given are -Change The Password and -Change The Picture. I notice that when I go to change my account (NAME) I have four additional options to those two but still no -Delete This Account option. I have seen this option before when I made a dummy account to see if anything was different. I made it and deleted it right after. The ADMINISTRATOR account has no password, its just there and I dont want it there. I know that there must be at least one administrator account at all times but I have two and it still won't let me get rid of one. I'm not sure what to do, any help would be great, thanks.

Also, if the above deletion is not possible, how do I change the startup process to start up on the NAME admin rather than the other one?

Sarel

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.