I have an 80gb drive that has screwed up and will not go into the log in screen for users. If I put this drive into another machine I can access all the files except those that were under my log in (administrator) as they were password protected. I know the password but cannot get to these files as I presume these can only be accessed via the original operating system/setups
does anybody know a way round this as I am desperate to get to some old photo's.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

did you try booting into safe mode ,hit f8 on bootup

did you try booting into safe mode ,hit f8 on bootup

Yes I've tried Safe Mode and that also freezes with a blank screen also tried re-installing XP without format and several tries on the repair console. I can retrieve the info off the disk in another machine as a slve drive but can't access password protected files even though I know the password I suspect it's because there is no way of entering a password on a slave drive

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.