Ok, I have a toshiba laptop M45 series and it just started yesterday. It just randomly shuts off and I think its overheating. I don't know if my fan is working or not because it stays on when I put it on one of those cooling things. My question is where and how would I go about replacing the fan?? If this is in the wrong section sorry!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to find out if the fan is working first, remove the cooler so you can hear if the fan is running. If the fan is running your heating problem could be due to dust and pet fur. Have you tried blowing it out with some canned air?

When you start you computer enter the BIOS and see what the temperatures are.

You need to find out if the fan is working first, remove the cooler so you can hear if the fan is running. If the fan is running your heating problem could be due to dust and pet fur. Have you tried blowing it out with some canned air?

When you start you computer enter the BIOS and see what the temperatures are.

Yeah I have tried blowing it out with an air can. And how do you enter the BIOS when it starts?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.