hello everybody
how you doing

first iam very happy becouse i have joined to this fourm....it is wondrfull

iam sory 4 my week english... iam working hard to improve it...

i have a question.

http is a protocol ...uses one tcp connection on well-known port 80?
what does this mean???

can i have an explain??

thhhanx to all

this is my first thread...ia am from a very small country called bahrain

bye

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Port 80 is where your NET traffic goes to and comes from :)

Blocking it wouldnt be a good thing :D

Welcome :)

port 80 is what you internet connection is transmitted on, this port is dedicated to internet protocol, however, when you visit a secire web site like a bank that information is transmitted on a different port. which is port 443 you can change this as it range from 1- 65535, different internet base program use different ports. your email program for example use different ports too.

take a look here and get a broad knowledge of the different ports and what protocol is transmitted on each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

thanx for all=)
i really understand the meaning right know

I have a problem installing apache/xampp.
It says port 80 is already in use. Im connecting to a test server at work using asp please help how can i install apche properly or how can i unblock port 80

On a Web server or Hypertext Transfer Protocol daemon, port 80 is the port that the server "listens to" or expects to receive from a Web client, assuming that the default was taken when the server was configured or set up. A port can be specified in the range from 0-65536 on the NCSA server. However, the server administrator configures the server so that only one port number can be recognized. By default, the port number for a Web server is 80. Experimental services may sometimes be run at port 8080.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.