Greetings, friends.

I'm trying to get my new build to work. After getting it to POST and show up in the BIOS, I popped in my WINXP disc to get the OS installed.

After I get the blue set up screen for WINXP to set up, I hit ENTER to get the process going.

I hit F8 and agree to the user agreement.

The blue screen shows the disc size in MB and asks me to either ENTER to install, C to CREATE PARTITION, or F3 to Quit

When hitting ENTER to INSTALL, I hit ENTER again to use NTSF formatting.

Unfortunately, while the computer can detect the hardrive, when trying to partition and format it, it ultimately quits at about 20% and says something about not being able to format the disc and to check if its damaged or connected.

Please help!

Check the system build --

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6750 - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Ultra Durable 2, Ultra Cooling Intel Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813128067

EVGA 512-P3-N805-A1 GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721075KLA330 (0A35154) 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822145166
Return Policy: Limited 30-Day Return Policy $199.99

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B 1 Pack - OEM

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe

Antec 550w power supply

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You might need to hit F6 and stick in a floppy with your SATA driver. Make sure you chose "Format NTFS (full)" NOT "Quick Format" or else it wont repair errors

hi archon, if you got an external enclosure plug your hdd to another computer check if you can format it, if still can't then it could be a faulty hard drive.

try ussing he cd that came with the hDD, use that to set up the hadd for use with an operating system,

hai
the normal methord to make a hard disk stable to install an os ia
partition of hard disk in to required number of drives where you set the space in mb for each drive that process isa called create partition
then formatting the selected drive for installing an operating system
then
with an original operating system cd installing an os
then statring up the os
this is the normal method of building a system perfect

you are using a HDD that the system cannot handle, so setting it with the cd should do the trick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.