Hi all I cannot enter any secure sites msn explore and msn messenger suddenly, well since the last three days. When using the network for diagnostics for windows XP it asks me to check HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (444), and FT port (21) as it may be my firewall setting, also when trying to connect to msn messenger it says error code 8004888d may de temp unavailable but the messgener connection status says its up and running and I can connect . Any ideas anyone??

My anti-virus and adware all come back clear.

Kind regards

Variedd

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

check your firewall and see if these ports are being blocked.

Hi Bobbyraw.

Thanks for that.

I finally found these ports on the msn firewall; I'm not the brightest of sparks when it comes to troubleshooting and enabled them, but still cannot access secure sites on windows internet explorer. That in itself doesn't pose much of a problem as I can access secure sites on firefox now, but I still can't access my msn messenger or my hotmail account; messenger it says error code 8004888d (may be temp unavailable try again later) msn explorer tells me there may be a problem with my connection and to try later.

Any clues

Kind regards

Variedd

Hi there.

Thanks so much for that, you have really helped me out. I could kiss you. Thanks again.

Variedd

you welcome ,hope it fixes you problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.