I am on Windows XP home edition and having a strange problem. Whenever I try to double click the C: Drive icon in the My Computer window, there comes a window called Open With and shows a list of applications such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Excel, Word,
PowerPoint etc as if the drive was a file itself. This is really annoying. Virus scans done so far do not reveal any threats or infections. Can any one please help me here? Thanks.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Make sure that you restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Also, i would recommend following the above users link... and trying a few things....