Hello folks. i am into online fashion business which i started with my friends 2 years back in a partnership. we are 6 people, however domain is owned by just one 1 partner whose activites have become highly suspicious these days. so i want to ask you guys if its possible to have more than one owners of a particular domain? is it possible that the ownership of our website domain becomes "shared" in 6 partners? Cheers!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have a company, then you could move the domain to that. AFAIK there's only one administrative contact.

thanks for your reply pritaeas, but can you please elaborate your answer a little?

Elaborate on what? You should register the domain on your company, not a single person.

From a registrar perspective, you can have one admin, but several different people from a contact as well as an access perspective.

For example:

You can have an Admin Technical Contact, as well as an Organizatonal contact. Each is truly only one entry, so it is best to have a generic contact name and number internal to your organization, that you can control and provide rights and access to internally.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.