Hello I have a D link wireless router connected to my laptop model dwl 915. I just changed over from cable to dsl. My problem is that the connection will all of a sudden come and go at times. I was wondering if this is normal if not what should I do to fix this problem. My signal quite often will flutuate from low to very good. To having no signal at all. Thx for the help in advance.

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bentkey

Other electrical transmissions in the area can affect your wireless connection. Anytime signal strength gets under about 40% you're heading for trouble. It's all dependent on how your house was built and other factors out of your control. In large houses I frequently have to install two wireless access points and bridge them with cable to allow people to move throughout the house uninterupted. I suggest you try changing the transmission band from the default 6 to something else like 11, try a couple different ones accross the spectrum if necessary. Sometimes you can find one with less interference.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.