Hello I have a D link wireless router connected to my laptop model dwl 915. I just changed over from cable to dsl. My problem is that the connection will all of a sudden come and go at times. I was wondering if this is normal if not what should I do to fix this problem. My signal quite often will flutuate from low to very good. To having no signal at all. Thx for the help in advance.

Other electrical transmissions in the area can affect your wireless connection. Anytime signal strength gets under about 40% you're heading for trouble. It's all dependent on how your house was built and other factors out of your control. In large houses I frequently have to install two wireless access points and bridge them with cable to allow people to move throughout the house uninterupted. I suggest you try changing the transmission band from the default 6 to something else like 11, try a couple different ones accross the spectrum if necessary. Sometimes you can find one with less interference.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.