i have a belkin pre-n router and a pre-n wireless network card both second hand, i am connected @ 100mbs but can't access the internet. can you help please?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by thunderstorm98

what is you ip address open command prompt and do ipconfig /all and can we safely assume you are using windows

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Are you using Wireless or Wired Media to connect PC & Router ?

I AM CONNECTED WITH WIRE, MAIN COMPUTOR THEN TO BELKIN PRE N ROUTER. TWO LAPTOPS WORK FINE WIRELESS WITH THE ROUTER. ONE OTHER DESKTOP IS WIRELESS, SHOWING 100MBS CONNECTED BUT CAN'T BROWSE THE INTERNET. I TRYED SHUTTING DOWN ALL FIREWALLS BUT NO CHANGE. THE PROBLEM HAS HAPPENED SINCE I INSTALLED A SECOND HAND BELKIN PRE N NETWORK CARD.

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Are you using Wireless or Wired Media to connect PC & Router ?

USING WINDOWS XP, I HAVE TRYED REPAIR CONNECTION

I AM CONNECTED WITH WIRE, MAIN COMPUTOR THEN TO BELKIN PRE N ROUTER. TWO LAPTOPS WORK FINE WIRELESS WITH THE ROUTER. ONE OTHER DESKTOP IS WIRELESS, SHOWING 100MBS CONNECTED BUT CAN'T BROWSE THE INTERNET. I TRYED SHUTTING DOWN ALL FIREWALLS BUT NO CHANGE. THE PROBLEM HAS HAPPENED SINCE I INSTALLED A SECOND HAND BELKIN PRE N NETWORK CARD.

Means you are trying to connect Internet in Wireless Desktop Computer ?
If yes then same configuration will be applied as in Laptop (As you says Laptop working fine). Just the IP count will change.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.