Hi guys I am new to the forum, I have been looking through and I must say that there is some good stuff on here that I am sure will come in very useful.
Anyways
I have a strange problem with a wireless network I have set up, I have one domain controller (server 2003) connected to a switch and then a wireless AP (Dlink 7100AP) connected to one of the spare ports in the same switch.
I then have 13 XP pro clients connected to the AP, they are all in active directory and everthing seems fine untill the clients are re-booted/switched on and some of them (not all)fail to connect to the network, I get the following message in the network conection properties of the clients that fail:
Signal strength excellent
The network did not assign a network address to the computer.

It is not all computers that fail and a simple reboot can do the trick or clicking repair in the network connection properties.
This is not a major problem but it is driving me mad as I keep getting called in to fix it.
Has anyone got any suggestions that may help?
Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by zecatt

Have you checked that DHCP service is running on server, also make sure that DHCP is NOT running on DLink and if you have a broadband router, make sure it's off on this alos.

Have you checked that DHCP service is running on server, also make sure that DHCP is NOT running on DLink and if you have a broadband router, make sure it's off on this alos.

Hi
DHCP is running on the server, it is turned off on the router (this has a static IP). There is no internet connection on this network.
I have set the Dlink IP as the default gateway on both the client and server network card settings.

Thanks katos
I will have a good look through the stuff on the link you provided.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.