i read a couple of the stickies and i've tried that stuff...but i think my card is done and just wanted to know if theres a sure way to figure if it is or not

1.) I reset my router back to the defaults
2.) Reinstalled network adapter driver
3.) Checked all my connections and know that its not the cable because i used it on my fiances computer as well
4.) Shes connected to the same router and she has internet...im using it right now
5.) I switched ports to see if the port blew out and confirmed that all are working
6.) Turned off antivirus and firewall...still nothing

So i know its not the router and i reinstalled my drivers for the network card and everything is on auto

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you plug a hot ethernet cable into your NIC when the pc is on the led's should light up. If they don't, then either the card is bad or the port on your motherboard is bad. You can move it to a different port to make sure, but most of the time it's the NIC that's gone south.

yeah thats right.Ive also experienced a NIC gone bad when the light stays on even though the network cable is unplugged.

yea that happens sometimes..
luckily NIC's aren't expensive you can get a used one for about $10 or a new one for $30

It sound like your Network adapter has gone bad. You can try the network adaptor in a different PCI slot on the mother board and if it still does the same thing then find yourself a new one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.