hya, hope every1 is orite.i bought a wireless laptop and i need help on what things i can do after connecting to a wireless network.i have already connected to the wireless router at work, it says connected but i cant access even the internet. please helppppp
chess

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You might find an answer here

You might find an answer here

sory cant understand..

the "here" is a hyperlink/URL. If your connected what OS is it, if you open up network config and check. See if you are recieving packets and sending them out.

Are you sure your connected, your work may need you to have a Wep key enabled and installed or it could use Mac addresses for access.

Maybe you should check if the Internet Setting is setup correctly because you might need to go through the Internet Wizar and tell the computer that your internet connection is LAN.
OR maybe you need a specific Proxy inorder to have to outside access besides the network.

Hi! I have a problem with my wireless connection. The problem is that when I am connected to the Wi-Fi outside my own network, say at a store, It shows Full Strength Connection, but the Data Packets Received always shows Zero, but Sent always seems ok. What could be the problem.? I have checked all the properties (For the Wireless Connection of the Modem & that of the Network I am connecting to). The network I am trying to connect is an open Network. Please help.

Thanks.

Hi! I have a problem with my wireless connection. The problem is that when I am connected to the Wi-Fi outside my own network, say at a store, It shows Full Strength Connection, but the Data Packets Received always shows Zero, but Sent always seems ok. What could be the problem.? I have checked all the properties (For the Wireless Connection of the Modem & that of the Network I am connecting to). The network I am trying to connect is an open Network. Please help.

Thanks.

hi are you sure that your wireless network connections tcp/ip settings is set to obtain ip address automatically?
or you have to check your modems wireless security options

because you are sendind packets but modem is not answering for this reason your problem can be you are not in the same subnet or your modem security prevent you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.