I have a new notebook asus eee, I connected it to the modem of my ISP but it has no connection, need help on how to configure it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

How do you connect to your modem? Ethernet or usb?

call up your ISP ask for them for the settings to configure your internet, like gateway, ip, subnet..others things that need to set..i suggest when you call be in front of your PC so you can do it right away...

now, if he is connecting to the modem, and the notebook is set to aquire an address automatically, dont you think that the dhcp should set it up?

two questions, one, do you have your pc set to aquire an address automatically? and question two, can your modem connect to your isp?

I connect it to the ethernet, it says limited or no connectivity.. yeah I already configured it to obtain ip address automatically

now, if he is connecting to the modem, and the notebook is set to aquire an address automatically, dont you think that the dhcp should set it up?

Some ISP modems (my cable one for example) will only work with the NIC from the machine they were initially set up to use. In order to get it to work with my new pc i had to clone the MAC address of my old pc then it worked fine. maybe you have a similar issue? contact your ISP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.