i recently bought an xbox 360, ive been trying to get it hooked up to live for a few days. im trying to avoid buying the wireless piece that costs over 100$!
my modem and router is down stairs, i have a pc with a wireless connection right beside my xbox. to my understanding, i can hook the xbox right to my computer, put the wireless connection on "shared" then bridge the 2 connections.
but my problem is that everytime i try and put my wireless connection on shared it says "An error occured while internet connection sharing was being enabled. Internet connection sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with that ip address that is required for automatic ip addressing"
anybody know how i can fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Don't even bother buy the 100 part. You also have to open up port forwarding in your router for xbox live forward that port to the computer then pass it to the xbox. Buy the 100 wireless adapter

Don't even bother buy the 100 part. You also have to open up port forwarding in your router for xbox live forward that port to the computer then pass it to the xbox. Buy the 100 wireless adapter

wait i dont understand, you said dont bother buying the part, then you said buy it. is it possible to pass an internet connection from my pc (wireless) to my xbox which will be connected by ethernet cord. i can not run a cord from the router or modem to the xbox because its on a different floor.

any advise is greatly appreciated.

I would buy the xbox wireless it's too involved to forward it through the pc.

But what you have to do is port forward the ports to the pc connect the xbox to the pc's lan card via a cable, then bridge the two nic cards in the pc the wireless and the ethernet. you may also need to use a crossover cable between the xbox and pc But I don't know if the port fowarding will pass through the pc to the xbox

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.