OK, I need help...I've set up a server using WAMPSERVER2, AND UNISERVER3...not at the same time though...

I also registered for DynDNS...downloaded the program and everything...registered a Dynamic DNS Hostname for free...the DynDNS updater is working fine...ON DynDNS I have picked for example a domain name...mysite.kicks-ass.net...

BUT, it WON'T WORK!!! the only thing that works is http://localhost for me...I entered my IP address to keep DynDNS updated and it's not working...

This is giving me headaches, as I've been trying to figure this out for a LONG time now...if anyone can please help me, I got a server and need to make it public...I'm behind a QWEST router, I have allowed port 80 in my firewall...but I think it has to do with DynDNS...

because when I entered the LOCALHOST IP address (127.0.0.1) on DynDNS, mysite.kicks-ass.net works...when I enter my dynamic IP, than mysite.kicks-ass.net DOESN'T work...

anyone got any DynDNS DETAILED tutorial or help please?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

i know my isp does not allow an incoming port 80. you are using your isp ip address correct?

I have an internal IP address...192.168.0.1...as many do with routers...than I have a different external IP address that I think is a dynamic IP address, and I'm using that one...

my website works only over localhost, but if I type my IP in, it's supposed to go to my website too right? it doesn't...

where does it go? can you ping your dyndns addy?

what do you mean? dyndns takes my external ip address, which is a dynamic IP address, it changes a couple times a day, just today I saw like 3-4 different IP address in the DynDNS updater...

but I did ping the current IP address that dyndns is displaying, and it lead me nowhere...I kept getting this...like non-stop...

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time=1-4ms TLL=255

also, my ISP allows to host web hosts, they also offer static IP address for lease...but I want to keep my dynamic IP address as I have 2 desktops, and 2 laptops connecting to my router, and occasionally I get other laptops or desktops brought to my house to fix that I need to connect to the router, so I don't want to get a static IP...

that would have nothing to do with static or dynamic ips. does your router have a firewall?

yes, and I've already allowed port 80 on TCP and UDP through my router firewall, and my computer firewall...

my router is 2Wire 2700HG-D from Qwest...

yes, and I've already allowed port 80 on TCP and UDP through my router firewall, and my computer firewall...

my router is 2Wire 2700HG-D from Qwest...

Those 2wires' are notorious for firewall issues. I would also make sure that Qwest doesn't have a core policy that is blocking port 80. What you may want to try is putting a router behind the 2wire and having Qwest set it to bridge mode; you can then set the router up in a DMZ which will stop all firewalling (beyond what you set on the router). You may have better luck this way. What type of webserver are you running? Maybe that isn't configured correctly.
-Jack

nah, I talked to qwest about it...I have to lease static IP addresses...and I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops hooking to my router, plus people that come with their laptop...so I'll stick to this for now...can't run a server I guess...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.