I just bought an Airport Extreme Base Station. I am using an HP notebook w/ Windows XP SP2. I have the admin utility software and firmware completely up-to-date. If I switch the settings under the internet tab to Ethernet and am connected to an RJ-45(Ethernet) line, the internet works perfect. If I switch it to try to use my RJ-11(56K) connection, I will open up my default dial-up connection, and it will tell me No Dial Tone Detected. I tried to see if the router would dial by simply connecting to it with those settings, since apple notebooks seem to work that way, but that did not work either. I have tried V.90, V.34, and PPPoE, but they all do the same.
I am assuming that the problem is simply the way I am trying to tell it to dial, but I have an excuse - Wireless is new to me.
I doubt there is anything I forgot to say, and plenty extra. :D