I've currently got a wired router (which has no wireless capabilities) and a IBM r51e laptop which also doesn't support wire less.. Are there any adapters I can buy so that I can start a wireless network at home without buying a new router and/or laptop?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

No, if you want a wireless network you will need a wireless router. If you are willing to get a wireless router then you can then buy a wireless adapter for your laptop if it has a spare mini PCI-E slot. This will probably void your warranty.

No, if you want a wireless network you will need a wireless router. If you are willing to get a wireless router then you can then buy a wireless adapter for your laptop if it has a spare mini PCI-E slot. This will probably void your warranty.

You could do this but you can get a usb network adapter instead of using the PCI slot. Wireless router would still be required.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.