Hi there,

Not really sure where this goes as I have to idea where to begin. I have to write a script to back up router settings on a network and send them to a remote site/user.

Where do i begin with this? I am a web developer and do not have much experience with this kind of thing. What language do i need to use and what do i need to know?

Thank you

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DimaYasny

Not sure at this stage. Just trying to figure out what angle i'm going to approach this from, that's all. It will either be a Cisco router or one distributed by our local telecommunications network, Telkom.

I'm not looking for a software solution, I am just looking for pointers on how to go about it. What i need to know basically?

with cisco things are easy - you can simply copy the running-config over the network (tftp server is the usualt solution)

Ok thanks. It might be a combination of both. What do i do then?

Regarding the cisco? Is there any material or tutorials available for me to see how to do that?

Thank you

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.